Friday, November 24, 2006

Wend the Wind

This is one of my cards. It is one of my very favorites. I love old photography.....of the time period that speaks of quiet thoughts, gentleness and reverie. Looking at this picture makes me feel a kinship to the times of old when people's lives were so much less complicated and so beautiful. I think we have lost some of the charm and beauty that our lives used to have because of the all the modern ways we have in life. They have their advantages and good sides, but somehow we need to get back to that humble and beautiful life as it once was. The poem here says......"Wend the wind beyond your weeping". To me this means......find the wind beyond your tears, your weeping for solace. Let the wind help you hear the joy again, beyond the tears. I know there is a gentle kindness within each of us. Like little children, so sweet and wise.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love this and the sentiment is wonderful!