Monday, December 12, 2011

Two movies that I absolutely love.....



These are two films that I love so much, especially "Ponette". It is a story about a little girl who loses her mother in an automobile accident. It is French and mostly about children, which is one reason why I love it so much. Ponette is trying to understand what has happened to her mother and goes through many experiences in learning how to cope with losing her. Beautifully filmed, sad and touching, I will never tire of this melancholy, deeply moving, wonderful film. I hope you will watch it someday.

The other film I am sharing with you is "Les Choristes".....a charming, funny and wonderful film about an orphanage of boys who have been forgotten and are trying to understand life on their own. A composer becomes their teacher and turns their wild hearts to the moving lessons and joy of music and they are changed forever. A wonderful, sweet film.

No comments: