Thursday, February 08, 2007

Wouldn't it be wonderful to have a house like one of these.......?

I think that if someone asked me what I would like to do if I could really do what I wanted to do, I would definitely say..... I would want to be an interior decorator!! I absolutely love the thought of going into someone's beautiful home to spend time with them about how they would like to make their home more beautiful and romantic and lovely. I have been looking at interior design books for years and years and have learned so much. I have copied pages and pages of images from so many wonderful books on interior design and decorating, beautiful gardens, enchanting scenes for parties and dinners and just so many inspiring places. I feel that I would bloom and grow so much if I could be an interior decorator. There are so many styles that I love: European, rustic, elegant, farm style with weathered and beautiful, old things of memories and charm. I love some modern things, but mostly European and rustic styles......I hope someday to put all the pages I have copied into a book to show people what styles I could do. I would love to go with someone to different shops and stores to pick out pretty things. I know I would be good at it. I have dreamed of being an interior designer for so long!!

3 comments:

Rie Selavy said...

What beautiful photos? What interior design books do these come from?

Anonymous said...

Debbie! Follow your dreams! I love interior design too, but just don't seem to have a knack for whole room design... I tend to focus too much on details. It really is a wonderful skill to have! You are never to old to realize your dreams...

zuzu said...

oh debbie i am in love! =^..^=

Found you thru, Jo.
How on earth have I not discovered you sooner?

I have been perusing your archives for a bit and you choose the most delightful pictures to share! I could eat them up!

The boat bed ::sigh:: and that wonderous white room with it's high beam ceilings, french blue trim and a chaos of sunflowers. I could just move into it!

I'm off to see more of your site ...
And I really must remark about your incredible little fae creations. Yes, soon ...

Toodles =^..^= love, zU