Friday, September 21, 2012

Pray for God and what he does

I wanted to write something about how things are going in the world right now. It is so hard to deal with all the tragedies that happen in life all around us, sometimes. Life is supposed to be beautiful and filled with happiness and joy; we were meant to be kind and loving to one another. I remember as a child feeling that to be alive was such an incredibly wonderful thing. I looked at the world with such amazement and curiosity. I still feel that way, but as an adult, I, of course, am so much more aware of all the problems in the world as well. I just don't want to give up hope on our world, though, or the people in it, including myself. For as many terrible things going on in the world, there are just as many, if not more.....wonderful things happening, as well. People doing kind and caring things for others, beauty and inspiration all around us and progress happening where life seemed bleak before. I just don't believe that life is going to be defeated. Life.....which is everything good and beautiful and kind and gentle. Life, which includes God......whoever he is to people, is who we can remember and talk to and think about when things get too crazy. The other day, when I was praying (I pray every night before I go to sleep), I realized that I needed to pray for God. (Why not?) I realized that he could use our prayers.....that he could use our help by praying that all the people he is trying to help would please listen to him and try to get along, be kind to each other, to stop fighting, to stop whatever they're doing that is making themselves and others unhappy. I prayed that people would remember where they came from and that God is real and that people would talk to God and listen to him. The thoughts just came to me so easily, when I realized I could do this, I could actually pray for God that things would go right for him, that all his work, his pleading with people, all his own prayers.....would be answered. He tries to help us, why can't we try to help him with what he is doing. It doesn't matter to me what people believe, as long as they believe in trying to live good, honest and kind lives. As long as we can help people to stop doing bad things. Life is too beautiful, too wonderful, too incredible to waste on doing bad things. We could all be happy. Wouldn't that be wonderful? Yes, it would. After I prayed for God.....that all that he is doing to help all of us would happen, I felt so much light in myself!! I felt so happy, so grateful and so blessed. I have prayed for years about many things and for many people, but I have never felt that way before. I felt as if God actually thanked me for thinking of him. I am sure he could use our help. He could use our help. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The most inspirational, beautiful thing I have read in a long time. Thank you.