Monday, November 26, 2012

little story

once upon a time, i had cake with giants. they were very furry and nice, not at all like monsters. we sat on the grass where there were millions of fireflies fluttering about. the cake had the smell of fresh eggs and cream and there were candles at first......until we blew them out and made 65 wishes each. the giants carried me around on their shoulders for a while until i got a krinkt neck looking up, i was so amazed.

the cake was so delicious. we all decided to have cake together every tuesday at 3:00, even though we knew it might spoil our supper. the giants loved to smile because most people were afraid of them. so when they saw that i liked them, they were very happy and smiled a lot. i sometimes wished i could have introduced them to my mother and father, but i don't know what they would have said.

one giant whose name was samuel liked snails. he said he could speak their language. he liked them because they were very slow and deliberate. while everyone else rushed madly around, his friends the snails could plod along without a care, for noone really wanted to bother with them.

another giant, he called himself toppin, he liked touching the clouds. he could talk to them, too. the giants seemed to have a way of understanding everyone's language. toppin sometimes jumped very high and could almost soar clear through a cloud. he loved to close his eyes and pretend he was sleeping in the most fluffy cloud he could find.

my favorite giant was ferfer. he was the youngest giant. he was yellow and had fur like feathers, but they weren't feathers. they were something else entirely. he wore a black coat with gold buttons and sometimes  would let me ride in the pocket. ferfer was only 10, just like me. that's why we got along so well.

next tuesday we're all going to have cinammon cake with flower frosting. i am going to bring my spool collection. they will count them for me because they can count really fast. i think i have 200 spools. my mother sewed hundreds of dresses and used hundreds of spools of thread. she gave me the spools and said they were mine. next tuesday at 3:00, i am going to have cake with giants again. i know the sun will be out because the giants said so.

this is a little story i made up. what do you think of it?

1 comment:

Kim Corey said...

Hi Debbie,
I liked reading your story and the world of the giants. I liked the descriptions and the smiling : ) I also really love cake ; ) and think I would love a piece of cinnamon cake with flower frosting! I love that "you" are bringing your spool collection next time, and it seems like that could be its own wonderful story-----a mother who sews hundreds of dresses and uses hundreds of spools of thread. Beautiful!

I love visiting your world : )
Thank you for sharing,
Kim @Bonne Nuit Designs